Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Little Things...

... making me happy these days:

Vintage shoes from etsy:

Hot apple cider from the farmers' market:

My littlest babe learning all about baking and chopsticks, two very important things to know in our house:

And fall food. Hot Jamaican patties (a comfort food from my childhood - loosely based on this recipe), and carrot soup (based on this recipe):

All this along with a big, fresh batch of library books all about fall, and I couldn't be more pleased.

What little things are making you happy these days?

xo

7 comments:

Victoria said...

I LOVE the shoes - they look like old Camper shoes. I also think the carrot soup sounds YUM - although it's not fall here, I'm a big soup girl so will give that one a try.

becka said...

Oh soup, I think it is my favourite food. Soup and pies. And chocolate. Yum!

Unknown said...

your post basically made my day. we all need to focus a bit more on the little things, because otherwise? we go bananas. not that bananas are bad, but you know what I mean.

Alanna said...

Beautiful post, gorgeous pics. I agree with Celine; it makes life much more enjoyable to focus on the little everyday pleasures.

What's making me happy these days? Taking a sunny autumn walk by the lake with my wee one, then coming home to a cozy house to snuggle up and feed her. So sweet.

Melissa said...

Oh how I love Etsy. Those shoes are precious! The food looks super yummy and I'm impressed with your little one learning to use chopsticks. :) I've seen "training" chopsticks at a Japanese market by us and have thought about getting some.

Jodi said...

Just found your blog...and it made me happy.

Theresa Hannah said...

Beautiful Photos. Your blog is very reminiscent of SouleMama, which is a HUGE compliment. Her 10 things are my favouritest posts, always. Now your happy things post is going to be one of my favourites, too!